Monday, 08 October 2012 10:14
TAKE THE JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME & POSITIVELY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!
If you are feeling low in energy your body needs help!
Reiki works on the spiritual, mental & physical - as well as the energy systems of the body.
It helps to promote positive thought patterns which will stimulate natural healing.
For more information on Reiki training & course content see www.kerryheritage.com.au/training-courses/reiki-training.html
Monday, 04 October 2010 14:26
I have 3 children 2 of which as they were growing up had learning & behavioural difficulties. – I spent a long time searching for answers, however most of the answers that I received were not positive nor particularly helpful. Also there were not many answers that I was prepared to accept. I was informed that the best that I could hope for was to put the children on medication to slow them down & possibly improve their behavioural issues. – As this was NOT an option I was prepared to accept, I started looking “outside of the square” for an alternative solution’s to my 2 sons issues.
In the process of looks for “other” means to help my children I came upon Kinesiology. – At the time I knew nothing about it, however a friend who also had highly strung children was looking into it as a means of helping her child.
As nothing I had tried previously, had worked – I figured that I had very little to lose by giving Kinesiology a go...................That was 13 years ago & the boys & I have never looked back. Kinesiology gave my children their childhoods back & brought some very much needed sanity into the lives of my whole family.
It also made me realise, that I was not a “bad” parent. My children had some issues with the way their brains received & processed information. With some effort on part of the kinesiologist, myself & the children: we were able to change the way their brains processed information. This meant that the children were not working so hard trying to understand what was required of them in a learning situation.
This was done in a number of ways:
- Specific bi-lateral exercises
- Acupressure work
- Brain integration exercises
- Educational information for the parents to understand what was happening to their child
WHAT LEAD YOU TO CONSIDER BECIMING A KINESIOLOGIST YOURSELF?
I could see the positive impact that the kinesiology was having on my boys. During this time I thought that it would be beneficial if I was able to continue their treatments at home. Thus I decided to do some kinesiology study (only to help my boys – never considering the wider implications of where this journey would lead me.)
The positive changes in my children’s behaviour & education were so obvious at school & in social situations, that other parents started asking me what I had been doing with the boys....................... I explained about the kinesiology sessions that they had been attending & the work I was doing with them at home. Other parents then started to ask me to work with their children, to which I explained to the “that I was not fully qualified............” the reply being “GET QUALLIFIED!” The rest as they say is history
DO YOU ONLY WORK WITH CHILDREN?
I have an affinity with children (especially boys – as I have 3 boys, so know how they tick....) It takes a particular type of person to work with children. You must have a GREAT sense of humour!
However I have realised that the kinesiology techniques that are able to integrate the brain / body function, are also beneficial for adults, actually for any person at all. Thus I now have thriving practice catering to adults who are very stressed & anxious.
These days, I specialise in working with professional women & men who need to learn to relax, de-stress & regain balance & harmony within their personal & working lives. SEE www.facebook.com/de.stressandbehappy
CAN YOU TELL ME, WHAT IS KINESIOLOGY?
Kinesiology is one of the world’s fastest growing complementary medicines........... It is a combination of gentle, western style muscle monitoring with Chinese philosophy, acupressure & natural therapies that can help get your life back on track. It is able to help to integrate your body & mind with its non-invasive approach. For me & my family it has been a life saver..................
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE POSITIVE CHANGES THAT YOU HAVE SEEN WITH KINESIOLOGY?
- Behavioural issues
- Co-ordination problems
- Gross & fine motor skills
- Mind never switching off
- Learning challenges
- Panic attacks
HOW CAN PEOPLE GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU?
Calling from Australia 0422745027
Calling from outside of Australia 61 422 745027
Monday, 04 October 2010 14:22
Is a very personal journey & for each of us, we will walk the path in our own unique & individual way. - There is no correct or specific formula for finding peace, as all of us are created in the various aspects of the Universal Creator & reflect our unique qualities that have been given to us as our gifts.
Find peace within yourself
When you look at your life, do you like what you see? - Do you get excited about getting up in the morning & greeting the sun? Does a great conversation with family & friends excite you & stimulate your mind? Do you enjoy what you do for a living? - Love going to work & find every day rewarding?.......If not, what can you do to change?
Friday, 10 September 2010 10:11
Strengthening your Aura
Taking care of your physical body:
Our physical bodies, emotional wellbeing & energy systems are interrelated & dependent on each other, to optimise our physical health & emotional wellbeing. Any change in one of these areas of our health will cause an impact or imbalance in the other systems. To ensure a strong healthy aura is maintained means that you also need to ensure that you look after your physical health.
TIPS FOR MAINTAING YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH
- Drink plenty of spring or purified water each day.
- 6-8 glasses should be approximately your “normal” intake.
- This does not include tea / coffee / carbonated drinks or cordial.
- (Our physical bodies function more efficiently when they are well hydrated.)
- Get some exercise every day – even if it is a 10 minute walk in the fresh air.
- Regular exercise will help to keep your body in balance.
- Walking & exercising close to a large body of water such as the sea or a lake will be extra beneficial as the well oxygenated air will help to cleanse your aura.
- (Toning your physical body at the same time.)
- Dancing is a fantastic way of releasing all of your stresses / frustrations from the day & improves your flexibility & circulation...
- Include a variety of fresh fruit & vegetables in your diet (organic if possible.)
- Avoid highly processed or fatty foods.
- Where possible purchase & eat fruit & vegetables as close to the day they were picked as you are able to manage. – They start losing some of their vital energy as soon as they are harvested. (Purchase small amounts & eat within a few days.)
- Rest & relaxation are two vital elements to ensure a strong & healthy auric body.
- Fulfilling your work & family responsibilities will eventually take their toll on your physical, emotional, mental, spiritual & auric bodies.
- Do your best to get enough sleep every night.
- Where possible devote 30 minutes or more to relaxing in a way you enjoy.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- An excessive intake of alcohol will weaken the energy in your system & leave you feeling depleted (as well as dehydrated.)
- The use of recreational drugs will always weaken the energy system of the body – they are best avoided.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR EMOTIONAL / MENTAL HEALTH
Old hurts & unresolved emotional traumas leave an energy trace in your aura. Ensuring that you are emotionally health will help you to maintain a strong & clear aura. Holding onto negative emotions & spending a large portion of your time feeling fearful, jealous, or angry can alter the clarity & colour of your aura.
Seeking the services of a kinesiologist www.kerryheritage.com.auprofessional councillor, or a psychologist, who can help you to gain clarity into the areas of your life that are stressing you & causing you to feel ill at ease.
DEPRESSION for example is not just an emotional condition – it may also impact on your physical health.
It is important to seek immediate help if you feel that you are suffering from depression.
LOOK AT THE COMPANY YOU KEEP: if you fell that you are in a relationship where you are the only one “giving” but your time, love, appreciation is not returned, it is likely that the other person is “draining your energy.”
You may notice that you feel drained, depleted or lacking in energy when you spend time with this person.
All of these situations will cause an adverse reaction to your aura, and may cause it to be cloudy & not as strong as it should be. This will impact on your vitality & the energy that you have available to you on a daily basis.
You will benefit from taking the steps mentioned above to ensure a strong, positive & healthy aura. If you feel that after making the positive changes mentioned above that your aura is still not feeling as strong and vital as it should be seeing a Reiki practitioner www.kerryheritage.com.au may be able to clear any of the blockages that you may be experiencing.
Friday, 30 July 2010 12:18
Heart palpations, sweaty hands, shallow breathing, or not being able to catch your breath.......feeling anxious & unable to think clearly – does this sound like you?
More & more people are suffering from anxiety. Why is this happening? There are a multitude of reasons – and each specifically individual to each particular person, however our very fast paced lifestyle has much to do with the symptoms that are becoming more apparent to many people in our day to day lives.
Anxiety disorder includes:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety (SAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Specific Phobia.
A primitive reflex call the “flight / flight reflex” (which is a automated reflex that will send a hormone called “Adrenalin” surging though our blood stream) I like to think of Adrenalin as super charged rocket fuel. Adrenalin would help us in the past to have extra human “super strength” to help us fight or run away from the Sabre Toothed tiger............)
Adrenalin still will kick in when we are “under stress...............” however these days there is no tiger to run away from or to fight. – In the past the action of “fighting the tiger or running away from it” would use up the adrenalin in the blood stream & when the threat was gone, our bodies would return to, homeostasis.
Now days, the “threats” that we are under, can be far more individual & challenging.
For example, someone may be :
- Afraid to leave their house. (Agoraphobia)
- Challenged in small confined spaces. (Claustrophobia)
Find it difficult to:
- Have passengers in their car
- Drive on main roads
- Stop at traffic lights
- Travel on a:
Public speaking is a common situation where you can feel anxiety. – But for some people, even speaking to their work colleagues, or paying money to the petrol attendant may bring on overwhelming feelings of anxiety & potentially set off a panic attack.
The challenges to someone who is having an anxiety attack & an increase in adrenalin in their bodies, is that they are unable to think clearly.
- In this situation, all of the blood supply leaves the logical part of the brain (where we do our best thinking.)
- The blood migrates to our arms & legs (so we can be ready to run or fight.)
- Blood also moves away from the digestive system (you do not need to be digesting food – when you are running from the tiger...............)
Therefore it is common for anxiety prone people, to often have digestive issues as well.
- Neck, shoulder & leg tension issues are also probable, as the muscles in the body tighten & shorten – readying the body to fight the tiger..................
So what can be done for anxiety? – There are a number of ways that anxiety can be treated. It really does depend on your level of anxiety as to which modality will be of most benefit you. Often a combination of these therapies will work well in conjunction with each other.
1. Medication – Use of anti-anxiety and anti-depressant requires prescription from the doctor, and only under guidance and monitor from doctor or qualified psychiatrist, the patient will receive the correct dosage, minimize the danger of side effects.
2. Complimentary therapies- Kinesiology www.kerryheritage.com.au/kinesiology.html I have personally seen fantastic results for people with anxiety issues, people who have been able to overcome their specific anxiety issues, and confidently move forward with their lives.
Reiki www.kerryheritage.com.au/reiki.htmlmay help to calm & relax - oincreasing the feelings of positive wellbeing in your life & reducing the stress.....
Meditation is another way of allowing you to decrease the anxiety & regain some perspective in your personal life.
3. Herbal – This is considered an alternative treatment for anxiety. However, the Chinese and native people had used them for thousands of years to cure the problems, and studies have found that they can be as effective as prescription medicine without the possible side effects. If you don’t want side effects, or prescription medication doesn’t work for you, and option is that you can try herbal based medicine – consult a herbalist.
4. Relaxation Exercise – Taiji and QiGong are very good relaxation exercises, it can help to relax your mind and body, and restore them to a healthier stat, balance up your body chemical and reduce your mind anxiety and stop feeding anxious sense to the body.
5. Regular Exercise – 30 Minutes of regular exercise every day will reduce the panic attack, and shorten the duration during panic attacks, and eventually eliminate anxiety. When doing exercise, your mind will be distracted from thinking something anxious, and your body will be healthier, less symptoms of anxiety will occur. That’s why exercise is vital in every treatment plan for anxiety.
6. Psychological Treatment for Anxiety – One of the most common and effective anxiety treatments is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and this method can be used with drugs or without drug.
This information has been provided for information use only. For specific anxiety issues, please contact your health provider.
Monday, 10 May 2010 16:53
What is Psyillium Husk?
Psyllium Husk is basically fiber: as it is essentially made up of complex carbohydrates. Psyllium Husk is extracted from Psyllium, a plant. Psyllium is the coating around the seed of the Psyllium plant, so it is completely natural.
How can Psyllium Husk help me?
It main benefit is in preventing constipation and promoting colon health.
The natural fiber in Psyllium increases the weight of our bowels, and acts as a safe laxative. In fact Psyllium Husk is present in many over the counter laxatives.
Psyllium is important for many reasons.
- Since it contains carbohydrates, it can help diarrhea.
- It can help ease the pain of hemorrhoids and cystitis.
- Psyllium Husks have anti-inflammatory properties, and can be beneficial for those with diabetes.
- In some studies, it has been shown that Psyllium Husk can improve lipid control in Type 2 diabetes.
- Aids in weight loss control
- Maintains healthy cholesterol levels
- Maintains healthy blood pressure levels
- Treats yeast infections
- Psyllium pushes out mucoid plaque.
How is Psyllium Husk beneficial for maintaining a healthy bowel?
- The Psyllium husk swells when it comes in contact with water.
- It can absorb anything that is 8-16 times its weight.>
- Its bulky fiber qualities, makes it an effective laxative.
- Psyllium husk forms a gelatin-like mass in the colon, which keeps the bowels nice and soft.
- This mass also helps absorbs toxins located in our bowels.
- The bulky substance formed by Psyllium Husks stimulates peristalsis, which aids constipation.
Considerations when using Psyllium Husk
There are some very important considerations to be aware of when using psyllium.
Some people have complained of bloating or gas when first using the product.
Most practitioners suggest taking several weeks to work up to a full dose of this dietary fiber.
Early reactions might include diarrhoea and flatulence.
Some people are severely allergic to psyllium husk.
This is especially true of those who handle large amounts of psyllium husk to prepare laxatives.
Some have had anaphylactic shock reactions to taking psyllium husk.
Intestinal obstruction may also be a risk for some, particularly those who have had surgery on the intestines or bowels.
Psyllium is not habit forming like stimulant laxatives. It can be used every day as long as desired.
Points to remember when taking Phyllium Husk
The most important thing to remember when taking psyllium husk is to take it with lots of water, & continue to drink water throughout the day.
Take the Phyllium husk with food or water.
Do not eat it alone as it can cause digestive problems.
You can mix Psyllium Husk with practically anything: fruit/veggie juice, stew, soups, ice cream shakes, water, milk, etc.
I find it works great if you are making a smoothie or juicing your own veggie juice, (as it acts as a thickener.)
Another way of drinking the phyllium is to put it in a glass of warm water. NOTE: Remember not to make the water too hot or by the time it has cooled down, you will have a glass of glug! – The phyllium swells to more than 20 times it’s original size.
Ensure that you consume plenty of liquid during the day (at least 6 – 8 glasses of water.)
The Psyllium Husk can cause dehydration since it makes the moisture content of our bowels higher.
Psyllium’s nutritional value lies in the numerous benefits of dietary fiber. The dietary fiber content of quality psyllium husks products is:
- Psyllium Husks Powder: 4 – 4 ½ grams of fiber per 5 gram serving (1 rounded teaspoon)
- Psyllium Whole Husks: 4 – 4 ½ grams of fiber per 5 gram serving (1 tablespoon)
- Psyllium Husks Caps: 2 – 2 ¼ grams of fiber per 4-capsule serving Psyllium is a fantastic tool for helping with colon health. However, bowel issues are a “sign” that something else is not working within our digestive / elimination system. If symptoms persist please consult your medical health provider.
A kinesiologist may also be of benefit to you in similar situations regarding your colon health. Please consult your medical practitioner to ensure that there are no underlying medical causes to your current situation.
Author: Kerry Heritage
Monday, 01 March 2010 10:20
Have you ever notices as the seasons change, and we move further away from Summer that sometimes it affects your moods & ability to be motivated?
- Dark / gloomy days can leave you feeling lethargic & tired.
- Cold & wet days – you no longer want to be outside & it has hard to be motivated to do the things that you need to do.
- Sometimes it may even be difficult to get up for work.
- You may even feel depressed................
There is a logical & scientific reason for this: Insufficient exposure to sunlight has been associated with low levels of melatonin and serotonin, carbohydrate craving, weight gain, and sleep disturbance.
Signs and Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder
The symptoms of SAD occur cyclically with a return of symptoms each year during the winter months. These symptoms tend to be the atypical symptoms of depression, including:
- increased sleep;
- increased appetite and carbohydrate cravings;
- weight gain;
- interpersonal difficulties (especially rejection sensitivity), and
- a heavy, leaden feeling in the arms or legs.
Causes of Seasonal Affective Disorder
- SAD is believed to be caused by a disturbance in the normal circadian rhythm of the body. Light entering through the eyes influences this rhythm.
- When it is dark, the pineal gland produces a substance called melatonin which is responsible for the drowsiness we feel each day after dusk.
- Light entering the eyes at dawn shuts off the production of melatonin.
- During the shorter days of winter, when people may rise before dawn or not leave their offices until after sunset, these normal rhythms may become disrupted, producing the symptoms of SAD.
- There is also evidence linking SAD to a reduced amount of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin is the feel-good substance that is increased by antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This decrease in serotonin production may be responsible for many of the symptoms of SAD, such as depression and carbohydrate cravings.
So how can I help myself to alleviate the symptoms of SAD?
There are some very simple techniques that you can try to help alleviate the symptoms of SAD.
- Go outside into the daylight for at least 20 minutes per day. This will help to increase your levels of serotonin.
- Sit outside in the morning light for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Where possible do not wear sunglasses while you are outside – as it is beneficial to have the direct sunlight on the retina’s of the eyes. (Do keep your eyes closed while specifically doing this exercise for SAD.)
- Do not use sunscreen, or sunglasses, allow your body to absorb positive nutrients from the sun. NOTE: Lack of sunglasses & not using sunscreen may be challenging if you live in the Southern Hemisphere – please use caution on bright light & warm temperature days..
- Many people have noticed positive improvements in the emotional wellbeing after spending a few minutes each day in the sun / light.
Other options to improve serotonin levels include:
Meditation – find a quiet spot outside each day & imagine yourself in your “peaceful safe place.”
- A quiet spot like:
- The beach:
- A park:
- The mountains:
- A stream are all very good places to meditate & spend some relaxing time.
Engaging in a favourite hobby is a type of meditation that will also help you to relax &raise serotonin deficiency levels.
- Listening to soothing music.
See a Kinesiologist& they will offer you advise & tools to help you to relax & de-stress & cope with darker months better more comfortably.
This information has been provided for personal use & information purposes only. If symptoms persist please consult your medical practitioner.
Monday, 01 February 2010 11:37
During my time working as a Kinesiologist, it has become very apparent that there is a lot of misunderstanding about the significance of drinking water.
Now I know we all hear about this "8 glasses of water a day bit.............." Actually there a great deal of advertising & media coverage about it, (especially advertisers selling bottled water) but has anyone explained to you the real reason why you should drink "8 glasses per day."
I have found dealing with 16 / 20 clients per week, that most of my new clients have no idea.............
I wish to share some of the fantastic ways that drinking 1.5L - 2L of water per day, can possibly turn your life around.
Your body & brain are comprised of 79% water. For your total system to function correctly, it must be well hydrated.
- (That means that you need to drink water.....)
- Now some people will tell you that they do drink water (in tea / coffee / cordial / mineral water based drinks.)
- Your body does not see this "water" as a substance that it can easily absorb.
Tuesday, 05 January 2010 11:02
Reiki may be the key you have been looking for to tap into your innate healing ability. Consider the ability to heal yourself, and be able to pass on this wonderful energy to others who need to feel rejuvenated & energised.
Being attuned to Reiki gives you an amazing key to the universe. Imagine being able to tap into the unseen energies & latent abilities that we all have within our Physical & Auric bodies.
You will feel energised & truly alive! – You will be far more aware of the natural energetic world surrounding us all & how we all integrate with this world (something that you may not be aware of at this present time.)
Reiki taps into your physic abilities & gives you the key to the door to be able to connect other realms & levels of consciousness. – This is an ongoing process, and as your ability to use the reiki energy increases so will your other latent abilities come to the forefront as well.
Your first attunement works upon your physical body, removing impurities, ailments & increasing your physical awareness of your surrounding environment. The second & third attunements (which happen in your Reiki 11 + 111 training,) continue this process on a more mental, emotional & spiritual level within your Auric bodies...............
Through the wonderful unique qualities of reiki your horizons will become far broader and your education in the way of spirit will commence.......or continue to grow. Reiki becoming a tool that is completely integrated part of who you are.
The wonderful unique quality of reiki is that it only takes an attunment to become aware of this energy, and the only “tools” that you require to use this wonderful energy is your hands..........
Come & try Reiki for yourself................it will positively change your life forever. – Reiki training courses will be running throughout the year see the training page for more details.
Thursday, 31 December 2009 14:11
We all have changes that we need to make in our lives. Some of us are great at getting on with our lives & making the positive that we need to make.
However, to make changes we actually need to look at our own behaviours & issues. (Something that most of us find very difficult to do............)
Far easier to blame the situations we dind ourselve inon, "someone else!) - We could not do##@@@@$% because "Billy would not let me do it..
Being ready to change who we are & what we do, also means that we have to accept our responsibilities in the current situation that we find ourselves in. - Sometimes we are in a situation that it "seems" we have no control over. I need to tell you, that YES you do have control.
Page 1 of 2
Ear Candling (Practitioner)
23 + 24 March 2013
3 + 4 August 2013
9 + 10 November 2013
Ear Candling (Family & Friends)
22 June 2013
26 October 2013
Reiki 1 (Beginner)
23 + 24 February 2013
29 + 30 June 2013
19 + 20 September 2013
Reiki 2 (Long-distance healing)
18 + 19 May 2013
31 August + 1 September 2013
Reiki 3 (Mastery Level + teacher training)